We are inspired by shared values in our everyday work: team play, appreciation, reliability and a forward-looking approach inspire us – and you. You’ll feel at home here and accepted from the start.
Become part of the Galenica world. Each and every one of us contributes to the core values being practised in a very individual way. This is a high priority for us. After all, we firmly believe that great things can only be achieved together.
Passion for teamwork
Be inspired by our team spirit, which is lived out through engaging discussions, for example. Logistics, finance and pharmacies may have different topics, but the philosophy of respectful interaction remains the same: we stand up for our suggestions, scrutinise them and take input from our colleagues. Ultimately, we take everyone’s ideas onboard to find the best solution.
Variety? Part of a normal day at Galenica!
We nurture variety. Not just with our wide range of jobs and working environments, but simply with the people who work here. With personalities. Accordingly, mutual respect and appreciation are important to us. We see being different as an enrichment and inspiration. We respond to each other, learn from each other, take into account the needs of others and stand by our own special characteristics.
Creating free spaces
We want to practise the often-mentioned work-life balance as far as possible. We do all we can to treat our employees holistically as people and to allow them to exercise their independence. We want you to make the most of your career opportunities – but without missing out on the essentials. Family, friends, leisure time – all of these have their place in a fulfilled life and are lived and perceived differently by every person. It’s your life, your work and your balance.
Diversity and equal opportunities
The Galenica Group is committed to diversity and brings together people from 82 countries and all age groups. We are convinced that the great diversity of languages, age groups and origins of our employees are what make Galenica’s development and success possible. Three-quarters of employees are women. We therefore wish to maintain the proportion of women in management at a level of at least 50%.
Values as a pillar of our culture
Despite the immense diversity within the Galenica Group, there are key values that are shared, nurtured and practised by all employees across the business areas. These corporate values serve as the benchmark for our actions: they shape our behaviour and decisions on a daily basis. In doing so, they make a significant contribution to the Group’s success.
team spirit is crucial.”
As a pharmacy assistant working 80% of full-time hours, Sarah has a lot on her mind: serving customers, providing telephone consultations, processing orders. She sees supporting the three apprentices in her pharmacy as one of her most important duties. A helpful, understanding and open approach is key when working with the students. But the employer also plays a major role:
“Knowing that you are working in a future-oriented company that cares about the well-being of its employees is really powerful.”
It goes without saying that the people are ultimately the decisive factor when it comes to good team spirit. “But our employer also promotes respectful interaction, exemplifies transparency, is open to new ways of working, and takes the desire for good work-life balance seriously.”
Benefits – these are your benefits
We place high demands on our employees, but you can also expect a lot from us. Your commitment and useful work must be rewarded. That’s why we offer you a whole range of services and advantages. These include, for example, our family friendliness, flexible working models and paid further training that we can offer you as a leading healthcare provider.
Generous family policy
- Family friendliness is one of our most important values: it is important to us that our employees remain healthy, motivated and productive in the long term. And the issue of family policy is a particularly significant part of that.
- That’s why we have – depending on the role – flexible working hours and working from home models and naturally we encourage part-time work. We exceed the statutory minimum requirements for parental leave: for mothers we offer 16 weeks of paid leave at 80% of the salary, for fathers ten days at 100%.
- Marriage and birth allowances
- Children’s fund for own children with preferential interest rate and contribution by the employer
Fair wage policy
- Our wage policy is fair and health-conscious: our pay is aligned to our requirements, the market and individual performance. 42-hour week, 13-month salary and profit sharing are standard with us. To this end, we offer various forms of working time, make targeted efforts to promote the health of our employees and are committed to providing extensive welfare benefits. The staff discount of up to 25% lets you benefit from preferential prices in all our pharmacies.
- min. 25 days’ holiday up to the age of 49, at least 27 days’ holiday from the age of 50
- Possibility of buying holiday or taking unpaid leave
Customised further training
- Further training, consolidating and broadening our knowledge is an indispensable prerequisite for each and every one of us. Only in this way can we consolidate the position of our Group, our business areas and our companies in a constantly changing market environment.
- Galenica offers and finances a comprehensive range of internal and external further training opportunities for you as an employee. In addition, we reward successfully completed further training with bonuses. Our Talent Management programme allows us to identify our top internal people and support them with specially tailored development programmes on their way to becoming a leader.
Attractive pension fund
- Our employees are well provided for in retirement too. We offer an attractive premium split: Galenica takes over approximately 2⁄3 and our employees 1⁄3. You can also pay more into your pension fund if you wish with “Plan Plus.”
Other bonuses and discounts
And that’s not all. On top of that, there are numerous other good reasons to choose Galenica. For example:
- Fleet discount: attractive conditions for cars and fuel discount
- Bonuses for the referral of new employees
- Registered shares at preferential prices
- Discounts at partner companies (gyms, hotels, language schools, electronics shops, wine trade, etc.) Long-service awards: bonus and additional vacation days every five yearsMobile subscriptions and smartphones at attractive pricesDiscounts on selected supplementary health insurance policies
- Please note that the benefits listed above may vary depending on the company, function or location.
After completing an apprenticeship as a bricklayer, Fabrizio worked in the construction industry, as a logistician at Swiss Post and as a sales assistant in a clothes shop. He heard about a job at Sunstore in Saint-Sulpice from his sister: he was in charge of the accounts there. “I’m the perfect example of how learning by doing can help you achieve a lot!” says the 33-year-old. When Sunstore was taken over by Galenica, he went along with it. He initially worked in the Accounts Payable department and has now been employed as a specialist administrator in Financial Operations – Accounting for Pharmacies for the past three years. As for the working conditions, he works one day a week in Bern and the rest of his time can be arranged flexibly.
«I’m a freedom lover – at Galenica I can live life to the full!»
Freedom also requires self-discipline, but his managers would have trusted him right from the start: «The job is perfect for me. Now I can safely say: I want to stay at Galenica for the rest of my life.»